1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bridge blanks

Discussion in 'Setup & Repair [DB]' started by Schoolhouse, Dec 13, 2006.

1. Schoolhouse

Schoolhouse Thomas Andres- Bass Makers

Dec 7, 2006
    Northern Virginia
    I need to fit a new bridge on a Baroque bass and need to find a plain bridge blank. Can anyone direct me to a source? International Violin no longer carries them. Thanks, Tom

2. Jeff Bollbach

Jeff Bollbach Jeff Bollbach Luthier, Inc.

Dec 12, 2001
    freeport, ny
    I dunno about bridge blanks but I'd be happy to fix it for you.:eek: But seriously folks, other than Lemur my bud Eddie Maday has lots of experience in that field, he may be able to help. He's one of the good guys.

http://www.edmaday.com/

3. Schoolhouse

Schoolhouse Thomas Andres- Bass Makers

Dec 7, 2006
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks Jeff. I should have bought those plain blanks when I saw them last year.

4. Matthew Tucker

Matthew Tucker Commercial User

Aug 21, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    Owner: Bresque Basses, Sydney Basses and Cellos
    Eddie Maday's basses look lovely, Jeff. Another link for my "favourites"

5. Jeff Bollbach

Jeff Bollbach Jeff Bollbach Luthier, Inc.

Dec 12, 2001
    freeport, ny
    Eddie comes from a line of "baymen" in the area[Long Island]. Billy Joel has sung about them. Baymen are simply folks that ply the waters for their living, fishing and clamming. Eddie still does that but his main gig is being a luthier. Years ago when I gave 4 weeks notice to my place of employ[for almost 13 years] I was fired on the spot. Eddie helped me out with sending me quite a bit of work and I won't soon pay off that debt.