Bridge Cetus-bass anyone??

Discussion in 'Electric Upright Basses (EUB's) [DB]' started by ChasFL, Jun 20, 2005.

1. Has anyone played or tried out the Bridge Cetus bass?? and check basses. I played the vintage Ampeg baby bass for quite a few years in a jazz and blues group, but because of my 6'4" frame, it always seemed like it just a bit small for me and I always wished for an EUB that was relatively in the same size frame as a URB and then I found the bridge bass on the EUB database This looks like what I've been looking for. There is no extension pole, it sits on the floor like a standard URB.

I was just wondering if anyone ever had a chance to check one out. Thanks.
  2. I was able to try one out that my teacher had borrowed. It played well and having the familiar reference points of a double bass certainly helped. I used it in a jazz setting and it handled itself well (it had a good deep pizz sound from what I remember) and looks great (I got some envious looks from my band mates) It's definately worth trying one out if you can.
  3. Thanks Roosta,

Yeah, I would love to get my hands on one just to try it. It is the first EUB that looks just like what I've been looking for. The baby bass is nice, but like I said, I really have been looking for a EUB that has the same basic dimensions as a URB, but of course with a solid body width and the Cetus looks as close as any I've seen to coming to that.

I just don't know where I could even get to one. I don't see them advertised for sale other than the factory website. You can usually catch a used vintage ampeg baby bass on ebay (thats where I got my first one) at a fraction of the factory price. But I don't see a Cetus advertised anywhere.
  4. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    You might look into the Alter Ego as well. It feels like a real bass in your hands, until you look down and all that you see is the stage and your feet. Once you get past the vertigo you are then back to the feel of a bass :)
  5. Bass_me

Jun 7, 2005
    Denmark, Europe
    What is the price for the Cetus-bass ?
  6. A bass player bud of mine in Sweden was able to convert the currency from the Bridge website into US dollars and said they are asking $5300 for a new one. Ouch!!! :eek:

I'd like to be able to try to find one for sale on ebay or something like that, but I can't find any anywhere.
  7. Bass_me

Jun 7, 2005
    Denmark, Europe
    That is really a lot of money. I mean, u can get a 4-string and let´s say 6-string for that amount :meh: Are they worth it............
  8. :rollno:
    Yeah, that is an awful big chunk of change. No, I can't see myself paying that much. I thought the currency symbol on the website was in Euros, which is fairly equivalent to dollars. It said 2995 new, which sounded high, but in the expected range.

But if my bud in Sweden was correct of the currency exchange meaning $5300, that's really on the high end...