1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bridge Cetus

Discussion in 'Electric Upright Basses (EUB's) [DB]' started by cacophonic, Oct 2, 2010.

1. cacophonic

cacophonic

Mar 18, 2008
    San Francisco
    I'm seeking comments regarding the Bridge Cetus EUB from those who 1). own/have owned one; 2). play/have played one; 3). have heard one being played at a performance or rehearsal.

Comments regarding the sound, playing qualities, and build quality would be especially appreciated.

Thanks,
    bob

2. I tried a Cetus when I was last EUB shopping - they play & sound great, if I could have afforded to buy one I would have. Bridge instruments seem to be popular with touring string sections, the last time I saw Sigur Ros with Amina (their regular collaborators/on tour string section) they were all using Bridge instruments.

3. cacophonic

cacophonic

Mar 18, 2008
    San Francisco
    Thanks, Skribble.

Here in the 'States, or at least way out west in San Francisco, Bridge has no distributor that I know of. I've never even seen/heard anyone play a Cetus, and therefore input from those who have actual experience with the instrument is valuable.

Thanks again,
    bob

Anyone else?

4. Hi Bob,

I also was intrigued with the Bridge Cetus when I was EUB shopping a few years ago. I found it online, but could find no dealers in the States (I'm in Florida). I spoke to a Bridge Cetus company rep in England on the phone, they said they would actually send me one to try one out for free..I think they said for 3 months.

But yeah, they are definitely on top of the EUB price food chain. $4-5000 if I remember right. That was a tad above my budget. I bought a Chinese Sojing EUB (pictured) instead for $600 and have put about another $200 into it and have been very content with it with ever since....Charles

Attached Files:

5. cacophonic

cacophonic

Mar 18, 2008
    San Francisco
    Thanks for your perspective. You're right that the Bridge basses carry a steep price tag (especially with the current exchange rate), and therefore one would expect excellence in materials and workmanship, and exemplary sound and playability.

The Sojing is certainly priced right, but the styling doesn't move me the way that the Cetus does. I'm glad that you are happy with yours and hope that it continues to serve you well.

bob