1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

BSX vs Eminence?

Discussion in 'Electric Upright Basses (EUB's) [DB]' started by wdinc01, Apr 21, 2010.

1. wdinc01

wdinc01

Nov 19, 2005
    Jacksonville, FL
    I'm looking to get an electric upright bass over the summer to practice on. I'm considering an Eminence, but was wondering how the BSX's compare? I know they're a little cheaper, but haven't really heard much info (I am aware of the megathread).

I'm mostly looking to use it for jazz and technique stuff, but I would also like something I can bow on.

I would also like to put heavy strings on it. I don't know much about upright strings, but I noticed that when I tried out an Eminence at Bass Central, the strings felt a little too loose for me.

More information: I'm considering getting a five string, at the suggestion of my private teacher. I'm looking at the Allegro by BSX.