Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by loma, Feb 15, 2004.

1. loma

Sep 27, 2003
    post pics of your BTBs
  2. unharmed

unharmed Iron Fishes

May 19, 2003
    London, England
    Don't have any pics but I played a BTB406 in the store the other day and it was sweeet. :)
  3. Bardolph

Jul 28, 2002
    Grand Rapids, MI
    I recently tried out a BTB and I was quite surprised how nice the sound was and how friggen' versatile it is. I could get tons of different tones, most of which I really liked. I'm sorry, I know this is a picture thread and I have none, but I just wanted to stick that in.
  4. nanook

Feb 9, 2000
    Glad to hear these good reports anout the BTBs. I have been thinking about adding one to my arsenal as a beater bass.
  5. icks

Jul 12, 2001
    Charleroi, Belgium
    btb 405 QM tranparent blue
  6. loma

Sep 27, 2003
    what kinda strings do you use on your BTB
  7. i had a btb.. but i took it back.
    i went to indy for a trip (mom took me.. lol :) )

after going to all the places.. i asked to go to a guitar center.. because we dont have one here. she dropped me off and let me stay for 5 hours.. and came get me.
    by that time, i thuoght that i did like this bass.
    i found a used 5 string one, with a musicman replacement pickup.. the job was done perfectly. so she came.. then i bought it left.

once i got home.. i started being pretty sad by the choice i had made.. for i am not a big ibanez fan, i started wondering why i even bought this? it was probably the battery going dead.. but the only noises it was making sounded like farts, there was really nothing good coming out.. it might of been because of the pickup replacement.. or something.. but i didnt like it

so.. i go to my mom.. and :crying: take me back take me!
    so a week or so later.. we drive up there (3-4 hours)
    got the cash, and made a mad dash.

i guess im just not a BTB person.. but i dotn really like ibanez in the first place.. so who knows? :bassist:
  8. LoRida

Apr 15, 2003
    Those two are like these "before/after" on those fat burners commercials... But they advertise a drunken 19 year old in an Honda Civic... :spit: :mad:

I cry for that bass, 'cause I loved it...
  9. Hey Lo Rida.. That was a sweet BTB... what a pitty.. What model is it exactly??

Icks.. That color looks definately awesome.. I insist.. If I had known Ibanez would be shipping the blue ones to this continent a year after I bought mine, I'd have waited ..

I'll post pics of mine later.
  10. LoRida

Apr 15, 2003
    Well, to tell you the truth I'm not quite sure. Probably BTB 700 series - discontinued very early from the BTB line.
    The guy I bought it from (one of Polands best bassists -Wojtek Pilichowski) said it was one of the first of the BTB line. He did quite a few records on this one since he is one of the best session musician in this country. And a fantastic soloist... (a little polish spam :p )

Unfortunatly I had it for four months only, so... :crying:
  11. Electricmayhem

Dec 18, 2003
    That BTB is definitely a cut above the rest, LoRida.
  12. icks

Jul 12, 2001
    Charleroi, Belgium
    it's still the strings from factory.
    But Rotosound will be my choice.
  13. jawzzz

May 23, 2003
    Denver Colorado
    Here is mine............BTW, it is for sale :)
  14. I've had my BTB405 for 18 months and haven't taken a picture yet. It's a beautiful bass, so I'm not sure why I haven't gotten around to photograph it. Maybe this thread will spur me on. Mine is the Transparent Purple, but looks more like a deep red wine color to me. I think it actually looks better than what I picture purple in my mind.
    Also, in response to the string question above, I've had both D'Addario Chrome Flats and Thomastik-Infeld Jazz Flats on it. I put the TI's on it about six weeks after receiving the BTB and have left the TI's on since and am quite pleased.
  15. Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
    What color finish is that? I don't think I've seen one that color before...
  16. Ibanez made a transparent "Berry" or "Blackberry" a couple of years ago that looked like that.

17. I refinished it.. Actually , if you notice.. the finish is satin.. not glossy..
    It was transparent black.. It looks gray now.. The purple-like tone in the second picture is due to the light trough the camera.. But it doesn't look that purple on the eyes.
  18. Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
    Cool, I really like the way it looks. :)