Buddy Cage, RIP

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Michedelic, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Michedelic

Michedelic MId-Century Modern Suspended

2. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
    RIP.

3. Bob_Ross

Bob_Ross Gold Supporting Member

Dec 29, 2012
    Never heard of him, but I am saddened nonetheless, as the world needs more pedal steel players. RIP

JRA likes this.
  4. Another bit of my youth died. Happens alot these days. RIP Buddy.

5. Al T.

Al T. Supporting Member

Sep 24, 2006
    Richmond, VA.
    I saw Buddy with the Everly Brothers about 30 years ago now. It was an outstanding show start to finish. R.I.P.
    Buddy.

6. That's a real shame. He was great. I'll have to throw on some old NRPS.

7. catcauphonic

catcauphonic High Freak of the Low Frequencies Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Seattle WA
    Bummer. I didn't recognize the name, but I sure do enjoy some of their stuff :unsure:

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
    PWRL likes this.
  8. Thinking of NRPS always revives memories of all those pinkish-purple road cases that had "Maria Muldaur" stenciled on them. :)

RIP Mr. Cage.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
  9. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown

Feb 16, 2011
    One of my favorite country bands back when i was just beginning to move beyond the country my dad raised me on. He became a fan the first time i played one of their albums for him which pretty much solidified (at least for me), their country bonafides. Most of my country music fan friends carped about that “hippie poopie” while my rocker friends complained about that “redneck poopie”. I couldn’t win either way but it didn’t stop me from grabbing up every NRPS album i could find.

10. Paulabass

Paulabass

Sep 18, 2017
    NRPS were the counter culture to more successful country rock bands like the Eagles, and the Byrds. The soundtrack to my youth. I became good friends with their bass player David Torbert, even tho were only met backstage 8 or 10 times, and he showed me a much more 'California' way to play bass (nods to Phil Lesh of course). David has passed away, as has John Dawson, and now Buddy Cage. Sad. They were pioneers.

Sithian likes this.