Bugera speakers

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by alextruf, Sep 16, 2005.

1. alextruf

Sep 13, 2005
  2. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    LEGENDERY BUGERA SPEAKERS! LOL...the depths that Behringer will stoop to. Bugera is a made up name. Mr. Behringer probably pulled one out of his nose and thought....."Eureka! Bugera!"

I played through a Behringer 2/10 cab with aluminum "Boogera" speakers a few weeks ago. It sounded like harsh wet a$$.
    Worse than Hartke. I'd stay away. If you are looking for budget cabs, you'd be much better off with Avatar or Steelsound.
  3. Robear22

Robear22 Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Beach Park, Ill
    I also tried to research on info about Bugera speakers when these cabs came out. I could not find anything. I think they are some speakers made exclusively for Behringer.

I own the BA115 and it is not a bad cab for the money. I also own some Avatars and the Av's do sound better. Not to completely knock the Behringer because I get from it what I need. It gives me full and round bottom with a quicker response than most 15 inch cabs. And actually the tweeter on the Behringer is quieter than the Avatars(that is with the attenuators full on like the Behringer). I have also tried the 410 and that one did sound bad. It had no bottom end to speak of and it sounded real harsh. I wonder what the paper ones sound like because they claim they have more bottom?

I am now considering getting a cab from Steelsound and then I can do a budget cab showdown and review.
  4. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    A google for Bugera turns up zilch, save the Behringer boxes they come in. Safe bet they're a Far East sourced OEM. That doesn't mean there's anything wrong with them, but should you ever need to replace one there will only be one source. Guess who that is. Now go to the Behringer site and try to order one, just for jollies.
  5. lowrez

lowrez no.

Nov 27, 2004
    New Englandish
    always look for the badge!!
  6. Bugers, err...Bugera speakers belong to an elite group of top notch, hand built drivers. Only the finest components and skilled craftmanship go into every Bugera speaker. No expense is spared in manufacturing these world-class drivers. That's why Bugera is the logical choice for all great $200 cabs.
  7. Sutton

Mar 3, 2005
    Plainwell, MI
    Bugera, ****tiest speakers ever
  8. I got to try the 4x10 and I can assure you that it wasn't his nose that steaming pile got pulled out of.
  9. Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    That made me smile. Yes it's a name Behringer made up. A rather unfortunate name for us Englishmen since add another g and remove the a and you get something alltogether different lol.
  10. alextruf

Sep 13, 2005
    Ok guys, thanks a lot, I will stay away.
  11. tko2294

Apr 8, 2011
    I just saw some of these for sale on Craigs list, I'm glad I came and read this thread before I wasted money on them.
  12. LOL, winningest necropost ever.
  13. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    They are speakers made exclusively by Behringer.
  14. Arjank

Oct 9, 2007
    Above Amsterdam
    Don't know about their speakers, most "regular" retail stuff sounds like sh.. so I don't give a f... how it sounds :D
    The BVP5500 though sounds great.
  15. +1 to that. I am surprised how good my BVP5500 sounds.

A friend of mine bought those cabs and he says got what he paid for. Junk.
  16. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    Most unlikely. There are literally dozens, if not hundreds, of driver factories in Asia that do OEM, and it would be silly for Behringer to not use one or more of them rather than build their own factory. Eminence did open their own factory in China to serve the Asian market, including OEM, but Eminence drivers sold outnumber Bugera by at least a 20:1 margin.
  17. Arjank

Oct 9, 2007
    Above Amsterdam
    Yeah, I think it's more around a hundred or so. Most of them manufacture crappy stuf but there are some that have nice drivers. Monacor from germany have lots of speakers made in those OEM factories and there are some real nice drivers in their program.
  18. seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
  19. Arjank

Oct 9, 2007
    Above Amsterdam
    I have seen worse assembly lines, it looks like the assemblers work in ok conditions.
  20. ChristianOnBass

Dec 17, 2012
    Tacoma, WA
    Take my advice; I'm not using it;)
    Damn, I love you folks! I saw what I thought was a good deal on a 2x10 cab with "legendary" Bugera speakers which apparently are so awesome that they have been kept secret from me for 48 years! I thought my SWR 15 160/200 combo would look good sitting on top of that cab. It would LOOK good haha, but I will just wait, pay more and get a decent cab. Thank you so much for saving me money!