Bugera Veyron Tube into Ampeg 6x10 with Active Warwick Corvette $$

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by WhyChaseMe, Apr 1, 2018.

1. WhyChaseMe

WhyChaseMe

Sep 10, 2017
    I recently purchased a Bugera Veyron tube amp after my Ampeg SVT Classic was stolen a few years ago. I just started playing bass again in a rock band and had been toting around my old Vox Essex Bass amp to practice. My music store buddy told me about the Veyron and I figured I’d try it out. I run through a tuner, a big muff bass deluxe, a digital delay, and a pitch shifter. At first, the amp sounded awesome. I play an over active bass and have been playing it with out using the -dB button engaged as I just can’t get the same tones with it engaged and I feel it loses all of its sound. My last practice I noticed that the sound just dropped tremendously and I started having weird power surges. I switched the bass to passive and it seemed to do the trick for a few songs but then started to lose tone and just sounds horribly flat. We had to quit practicing and I leave my equipment at our drummers house, so I figured I’d just fiddle with it again when we practiced next. This week, I plugged in and the first two songs, again, sounded awesome and then something just sucks all the life away and I can’t seem to figure out what the hell is going on. I notice that the clipping light is always turning red no matter what settings I adjust it to. I play with the gain all the way up and the gain volume about full throttle, but the main volume knob as never really gone past a few clicks. I start with it all the way down and you can feel the volume knob clicking as I turn it up and I want to say it’s about 4-5 clicks and I’m drowning out everyone in the room. Any suggestions? The speakon cable is brand new, my patch cables are brand new, and all of my cords, although older, sound great and work on all of my guitar amps. What am I doing wrong here?

2. wizard65

wizard65

Sep 1, 2014
    If you have the gain cranked your preamp is probably permanently clipping.

3. Paragraph please.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 23, 2022