Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Building a 2x12"

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by heath_the_great, Jan 26, 2004.

1. Howdy Hey...

recently i have been looking for a 2x12" cabinet and the ****ty thing is i cant find one without having to travel interstate or buying a rediculously expensive one....and the only ones i have found are in the us and dont ship to good ol australia...so ive given the thought of designing/building my own...what i wanted to ask is for any tips or anything...i was thinking of getting the cab built and putting in the speakers myself and wiring them..i found a wiring diagram from the avatar website...but what speakers would be best to use...and so forth

im gonna wire it in parallel and use to 8ohm speakers to get a 4 ohm box to go with my peavey mark 3 head

cheers heath

2. Please run a search on speaker building. Do a little homework ;) If you have specific questions, ask away.

3. panazza

panazza

Nov 23, 2003
    italy
    a friend of mine builds cabinets and he uses PA speakers instead of bass specific speakers... he said that PA speakers have a greater frequency range. I don't know if this could help but I heard one of those speakers playing vs a 1x15' + 1x 10' + tweeter and the single 12' beat the hell out of the other cabinet!