1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Building a 2x12"

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by heath_the_great, Jan 26, 2004.

1. Howdy Hey...

recently i have been looking for a 2x12" cabinet and the ****ty thing is i cant find one without having to travel interstate or buying a rediculously expensive one....and the only ones i have found are in the us and dont ship to good ol australia...so ive given the thought of designing/building my own...what i wanted to ask is for any tips or anything...i was thinking of getting the cab built and putting in the speakers myself and wiring them..i found a wiring diagram from the avatar website...but what speakers would be best to use...and so forth

im gonna wire it in parallel and use to 8ohm speakers to get a 4 ohm box to go with my peavey mark 3 head

cheers heath

2. Please run a search on speaker building. Do a little homework ;) If you have specific questions, ask away.

3. panazza

panazza

Nov 23, 2003
    italy
    a friend of mine builds cabinets and he uses PA speakers instead of bass specific speakers... he said that PA speakers have a greater frequency range. I don't know if this could help but I heard one of those speakers playing vs a 1x15' + 1x 10' + tweeter and the single 12' beat the hell out of the other cabinet!