1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bumping question.... Should excessive bumping without deleting prior bumps be flagged?

Discussion in 'Classifieds Usage Discussion and Help' started by kulit17, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Indeed it should!!!!

14.3%
  2. Who cares!!! I love clutter!!!

42.9%
  3. I see random carrots all over!!!!!

42.9%
  1. kulit17

kulit17 Wal Collector #35 Supporting Member

Just annoyed a good amount of threads that are cluttered with 'bumps'

clearly TB rules state:

- No more than one bump per 24 hour period
    - All previous bumps MUST be deleted

even with this being stated, there are threads that have 20+ replies but 75% of those are bumps and very cluttered.

so should these threads be flagged??

2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    yes, feel free to report any you see

3. kulit17

appreciate the info, thanks!!

one thing i noticed too that a couple TB'ers are doing, which is great since it keeps the thread clean. is bumping it, then they "uncheck" open to prevent inadvertent bumps or chat in the thread..... although some TB'ers do the same thing after an item sold (seeing the last post as being sold), but mistakenly missed to mark the subject head "sold" and still has a FS header. guess some type of linearity would be great-but i know it be asking too much :angel:

4. kulit17

So after having a couple convo's with fellow TB'ers that had multiple bumps. It seems there were two problems:
    1. they didn't realize it was part of the bumping rules
    2. they didn't know how to delete a post; either using a web browser or the TB app.

Refer to Thread bumping rules:

http://www.talkbass.com/threads/thread-bumping-policy-please-read-before-posting.444607/

For a web browser its just a matter of pointing out that there is a delete option underneath ever post made:

14685933856_0f28a20c22_b.

i assisted them with a small tutorial with the app so i might as well post it here too:

STEP 1: Select (previous bump) post you want to delete

STEP 2: Select "More"

14709539916_03ecc113df_b.

STEP 3: Select "Moderate"

14545896599_af41472bd0_b.

STEP 4: Select Delete

14546087017_80043d4587_b.