Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Burial or Cremation

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Jan 18, 2005.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Whats your pick?. Have you made your final arrangments yet?, i have. Please share if you can.

2. If donating my body/organs to science means saving 1 life or getting closer to curing anything then they can have it. At this point (pushing up daisies), I'll have no further use for it.

3. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    My senior English teacher had a great plan. She wants to be cremated, then have her ashes spread over a field where dairy cows roam. Then after the cows ate the grass her ashes landed on, she would become milk. Then she would get back into school children. Her reasoning: "I want to stay in the system as long as possible" ;)

Me? Burial. Plain and simple.

4. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Wow i have never heard anything quit like that before.

5. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

which is your choice ? any particular reason ?

{ i guess my choice is cremation , but i'll need to discuss it with my wife ...}
    both of my parents have already chosen cremation , i'll honor their wishes .

6. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Viking burial at sea, and there will be no funeral, no eulogy. Wake. I want people absolutely blotto. Hell, I want bands. A "Brendan's Dead" festival, with thousands of people who never knew me pretending to give a crap while rocking out to some decent bands while drunk.

That's how I want to be remembered. "Man, for a dead guy, he throws a hell of a shin-dig." I want people cracking jokes at my expense.

Possibly save my skull, and give it to one of my friends to mount on their wall. "Nice skull. Almost looks real." "It is." "*shudder*."

If you think this all sounds cheeky, disrespectful, or outright stupid, just remember: so is our all consuming fear of death. I hold no truck with such frippery.

7. Bassic83

Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    My preference is cremation- much less expensive, and my ashes are to be spread in the Pacific, Atlantic, Gulf, and over the Rockies. I've already made my plans known to my family, they will do it. I also specified no formal funeral, have a party, play a bunch of my favorite music, and remember me as I was, not as a dead person. I want my passing to have as little a monetary impact on my family as possible. Funerals are for the living, the dead don't care! :D

8. I choose creamation...as in my ashes, add cream...

A frothy shake...

Serious tho, cremation.

9. Just picturing this is hilarious

10. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I wouldn't mind cremation because it won't matter to my husk. However, I recently had a friend who's mom died after a long struggle with breast cancer. She was cremated per her wishes and it seemed to bother some of the friends and family for some reason. I guess I'll talk to my family and be cremated as long as it doesn't bother them in a big way. I don't think it would. Maybe I should have one of them put my ashes in a coffee can from Ralph's. That wouldn't work out though really since we don't have a Ralph's here.

brad cook

11. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    So basically you want to be Bernie in "Weekend at Bernie's?"

brad cook

12. The most ecologically sane option available - whichever that is - will be the one I choose, if given the chance to do so.

13. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    If my friends can't tell I'm dead, they're not really my friends.

14. i don't really care yet what they do with me after i'm dead...it's not like i am going to know...

15. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    I want to be encased in concrete and then shot out of a cannon over the Pacific Ocean. Or, over the Snake River in Idaho. Well, why not, Evel Knievel couldn't make it so why shouldn't I have a shot at it?

16. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    That's really, really creepy.

17. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Cremation. I think.

18. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

My father chose cremation, and my mother is leaning that way too.

I haven't decided yet. My wife and I have talked about it.

19. Flanders

Flanders

Oct 30, 2002
    Reno, NV
    I Want to be blown up with dynamite or some such explosive, maybe with fireworks giong off. That way all my friends can get a good show instead of a big downer ceremony. I'll take Woo Hoo over Boo Hoo any day (hopefully not too soon, though).

20. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Cremation. My parents are the same way, well at least my dad wants to be cremated.

My uncle wants to be buried at sea because he is a fire fighter. Not sure how the logistics of that operation are going to work though. All I can picture is about five of his redneck buddies sneaking off with his body and then going a few miles off shore and dumping it with a weight of some sort.