Buy Used!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dr. Cheese, Jun 14, 2005.

1. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I put a new bass on layaway although something in the back of my mind said I might regret it. Two weeks later, I saw a bass I wanted even more for $300 less used on the net. I have to remember my earlier thread and be glad for what I've got but I sure wish I had waited before I pulled the trigger!
  2. I can't bring myself to by new. I wish I had the $$ to buy new and not care about resale.
  3. I had the same experience with my Jazz Bass, bought it on impulse, love the bass, but if I had kept my cool, I might have gotten something diferent second hand...
  4. The down side of used online is sometimes you get skunked. If you buy on ebay through paypal you have a little protection. "New" / Warrenty" is overated IMHO. Being a noobe I got the " just try it like that for a while" or they say what ever is wrong is your technique, which turns out to be true sometimes, but they use it as an excuse to blow you off and not deal with the issue.

So I buy used and have learned as much as possible about setup ect. At least until I can go to someome like Roscoe Guitars and say build me "my" Base :D