Buying advice needed

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ROCKGOD1, May 1, 2019.

1. ROCKGOD1

ROCKGOD1 Guest

Jan 18, 2009
    Hi everyone.

Some time ago I've sold my old bass (an Aria SB-404/5) and I'm currently without an instrument. I'm thinking about buying a new one, but I'm having a tough time making a decision. There are three important details I need to share:

1 - There are not a lot of stores around me, and most have 5-6 basses at most (and usually they tend to be the same), so I can't try many models. I'm in Europe, so I'm thinking about ordering from a large online european warehouse.
    2 - I currently only play bass at home, for fun. Playing gigs is not out of the question, but probably not happening soon.
    3 - Can't really justify spending more than 400-500€ on a bass right now.

I've been hearing great things about the Sire basses, and they appear to be one of the best deals out there in their price range. I've been looking out for the 5 string M2 TBL, which I think it's beautiful, has a 35" scale, and I like its sound. However, the damned thing is always sold off, and I can't play until I buy an instrument.

The warehouse has the first generation 5 string alder M7 for 550€, but I don't know if it will be worth the price difference. In addition, I wouldn't be able to try them before buying.

A different option would be to buy a V7 on the only store that sells them in my country. I can actually try those, and I do like their sound, but I'm not certain they are the right choice. I would like to have one, but I'm just not sure that, if I can only have one bass, it is the one for me.

I have also been looking at the second hand market, but I don't see a lot of interesting deals. Most basses I find either seem too cheap or way too expensive.

What would you do in my place? Do you have any other recommendations?
    Thank you in advance.