By the way stories.

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Steady Eddie, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Steady Eddie

Steady Eddie

Jul 27, 2009
    Have you got any, 'by the way' stories?

Such as, you've set up all the gear for a gig and are ready to go when the person who hired you says, 'Oh, by the way, is it o.k. if I pay you next week?'

2. Turn up for a gig: "By the way, we don't have a drum kit and the bass amp doesn't work" :eek:

3. I show up to a gig in an outdoor field roughly the size of 4 football fields with my SWR Super Redhead combo. The sound guy looks at me and says "by the way, we don't have any channels left, so the bass will have to be all stage volume". Shortly before the gig, someone finds another 4-ch mixer to send to the main board so I didn't have to push my amp too far.

4. tycobb73

tycobb73

Jul 23, 2006
    Grand Rapids MI
    We make an extra trip to set our stuff up Sun before a Fri/Sat gig. We've played this bar before and the guitar player was close with the owner. This place is about 35 min away from the soundman's house. We go back Thurs to set all our stuff up. So thats 2 trips a half our each way. Guitar player shows up Fri night to see another band there. Owner is on vacation. Acting manager says owner double booked and wants to go with the other band. A call to the owner later on confirmed this.

5. Discount Saint

Discount Saint Bassist for the music in my head

Jan 26, 2007
    Victoria, BC, Canada
    We showed up for a show at a local club on time (according to what we were told) for soundcheck and were informed that the sound guy and decided to come early and did soundcheck without us. We never did get a proper soundcheck..

6. How do you soundcheck...if the band isn't even THERE?

7. Steveaux

Steveaux Safe-Guardian of the Stoopid Supporting Member

Jul 1, 2008
    The Wilds of NW Pa.
    *iPod Engineer*

:rollno:

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 15, 2021