Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

cab advice

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dees, Jan 21, 2005.

1. I'm looking for a small portable and cheap cab, in addition to my EBS 410. The EBS is a great cab, but it's heavy and not always as convenient. I'd use the cab for home and rehearsal use, so not live.
    It looks like the SWR Workingsman's 210 and Ashdown MAG 210 are the things I need, but the SWR has no speakon input (don't know about the Ashdown). So, would do these cabs justice to my EBS Fafner at home and rehearsals, or is it absolutely not worth it and would it be better to save it a bit up for an EBS NEO 112 or Aggie 112?

Thanks in advance

2. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    try a bunch before you buy. i'd hesitate to go too cheap as you will be using this cab for gigs. look for tone and sensitivity. you want a cab that sounds good AND that can get loud enough for you with the head you have. Not having speakon jecks is no biggie, you can get or make cables with one kind of connector on one end and a completly different connector on the other. I don't particularly like swr workingmann's cabs except for the wm 15 and wm 12 combos. the aguilar 112 is a great cab but needs a mid boost to really cut thru and is not the loudest 100 dB cab out there.