1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Cab for a Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by JLY, May 28, 2011.

1. JLY

JLY Supporting Member Supporting Member

I just purchased a Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 and am looking for a smaller cab (or 2 smaller cabs for the larger gigs)....any suggestions? Epifani? Eden? Avatar? Genz Benz? I am mostly a Sunday warrior and play Christian Rock/Praise music. My main bass is a StingRay 5......thanks for all your input!

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Bergantino AE212. A marriage made in heaven.

3. JLY

Thanks for the response.....I know they are great cabs but will a single 12' give the low end push that we need? or should i look for a 2X10 cab...thanks again!

4. DiabolicLow B

DiabolicLow B Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    I am currently using a Bergantino AE210 and it sounds great, tons of low end and easy to lug around, I also have a Berg HT112 which sounds great but not as much bottom, especially if you play 5 string.

5. PSPookie

PSPookie

Aug 13, 2006
    Lubbock, TX
    The GB Uber212 works pretty nicely with that head as wel.

6. AMp'D.2play

AMp'D.2play Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2010
    NJ
    the ae212 is a 2 x 12" cabinet, not a single. at 55 lbs, it's only about 15 lbs heavier than a lot of your single 12" options out there.

(btw, a single 12 foot driver ... 12' ... would probably give you more than enough of the low end push you seek, but good luck transporting one of those!) :eek: ;)

check the tb classifieds for bergantino ae212. genstormbringer is selling a practically-brand-new ae212 and he lives in the philly/south jersey area. would be a convenient local pickup transaction.

7. adamov

adamov

Jan 29, 2009
    Two Genz Neox 112s work very well with a Shuttle 6.0. One sounds great, and if you need more, bring the second.

8. HMZ

HMZ Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2003
    USA-Mineola
    I have the GB shuttle 6.0 12T combo and it sounds great with one 12 but looking to get the 12T extension cab soon for bigger gigs.

9. JLY

Thanks for the response...if only I had the cash! I may have to look for a less expensive choice!

10. JLY

Thanks to all who posted.....Looks like the Bergs may be a little out of my price line....i lam thinking about either the Epifani UL 210 or the PS210...any idea what may sound best with a Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0? Does anyone have either of these cabs for sale in the Phila/Baltimore area? thanks to all!

11. I think the Shuttle makes just about anything sound great!

12. I just bought a TC RS 112. It sounds great with the shuttle 6. The RS 212 or 210 might be just what you're looking for.

13. randysmojo

randysmojo

Jan 14, 2008
    Austin, TX
    The Genz Benz Neox-212T. Still light weight and sounds great with that head.

14. philter25

philter25

Mar 26, 2010
    Germantown, MD
    Define "small".

A 4 ohm Avatar TB153 would kill, but I dont know if thats too large.

Im currently using the Shuttle STL 12-t combo with the matching extension cab. I think its a fantastic match.

Some people like the Neo-12's because they go a bit lower, but if perfectly happy with mine.

Might wanna check the forsale section and see if anything pops up in your area.

15. FronTowardEnemy

FronTowardEnemy It is better to go unnoticed, than to suck

Sep 19, 2006
    Plainfield Illinois
    I pair my shuttle 6.0 with a 4 ohm avatar neo 2x12. Great light small rig that can get very loud!