1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Cab recommendation (400-450€)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Karlo.kc, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Karlo.kc

Karlo.kc

Dec 16, 2008
    Croatia
    Hello everyone!

I'm planning to buy a new cab. It needs to be as light as possible and not too big (let's say smaller than an average 2x12). Amp is Orange Terror Bass 500. I used to play Ampeg SVT210AV for 2-3 years and it was good for practices and smaller gigs (although 95% of my gigs are with good PA), but always wanted something more powerful and deeper. Sold it, bought TC Electronic K-212, but it was too bulky and too heavy. So I sold that too, and it's time for something new.
    I basically narrowed my search to 3 options:

1. Barefaced ONE10: 500W, 7.5kg
    2. Markbass New York 121: 400W, 13.3kg
    3. Hartke Hydrive HD250: 500W, 16.6kg

I'm slightly leaning towards Barefaced, but I am little frightened that it won't be loud enough. I am familiar with Hartke cabs, because I also have Hartke 410T and it sounds really good with my amp, so the sound with HD250 should be even better.
    I didn't try Markbass, but I can score one for 350€...

Any recommendation would be helpful!

Thanks

2. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Inactive

In your neck of the woods I would definitely talk to Alex at Barefaced.

At one time I played in a Croation band here in Toronto. I enjoyed the music.

One year we played the Croatian Pavilion at Carnival. It was six straight nights. On the Saturday we all were a little tired of playing the same songs so we threw in ZZ Top's Tush. I sang. The audience gave great applause but the organizers were not too impressed!! LOL

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 27, 2021