1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Cab to go with MarkBass CMD 102p combo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ewingman8, Jan 26, 2013.

1. ewingman8

ewingman8

Jun 14, 2012
    Colorado
    I've had my Markbass CMD 102p combo for a while now and i was thinking about adding an external cab. I've recently started playing a five string and i use an octave pedal sometimes so i was thinking of something that would handle the low end a little better then just the 2x10 from the combo. Maybe a 1x15? Never bought a separate cab before so all opinions on size or brand are appreciated. Thanks!

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    A 1x15 will not be lower than a 2x10, though they *can*. It's not the size of the spkr that counts. In your case, the ideal ext cab would be a matched MB 2x10. Using matched cabs creates coupling, which will provide more low end, as well as more volume, given the same power from your amp.

3. I'm with the majority (as you'll see) on this one-get a Markbass 210. 1st and only choice.

I prefer 15s myself. I tried and liked the CMD 102p but chose the Jeff Berlin combo and plan to add the NY151 cab to fully unleash the beast.

4. Dominic DeCosa

Dominic DeCosa Habitual Line-Stepper Commercial User

Mar 9, 2008
    Winter Park, Florida
    DiCosimo Audio
    If low end is your concern, I'd specifically get the Standard 102HF. That and the 102P combo would be a kickass rig. The Traveler 102P is good but doesn't push as much low end.

5. joelb79

joelb79

Mar 22, 2006
    Lansing, Michigan
    +1. This is the best cabinet to combine with your combo for the "coupling" effect of two cabinets are they are identical in drivers and port area.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 6, 2021