Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cabinet Covers NEEDED

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by henryjurstin13, Nov 7, 2005.

1. I have a pair of Avatar cabs that I need covers for... I have a 2x10 & a 2x12. Does anyone know where I can find some cheap covers?

I don't want anything expensive like the Tuki covers (although, they are nice) -- I am looking for plain nylon covers like what comes standard with a lot of Fender amps. Just something to keep the rain off it when loading/unloading.

thanks, justin henry

2. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Just remember, the cheap covers won't last you long. My guitarist liked my padded Aguilar covers, and picked up a plastic/nylon unpadded cover for his Marshall cab. Less than a year later, one side seam is ripped from top to bottom - you guess . . . mine or his . . .

Get cordura or you'll spend more replacing the thing every 8 months or so.

3. Matt Morgan

Matt Morgan Fellow Conspirator Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2001
    Plano, TX
    I had two covers made for my EA cabs by LeCover.
    They fit perfectly and arrived about a week after I placed the order. You can get them plain or padded.
    Very affordable as well.

4. I got a cover for my Fender Blues Jr for about $15. I know it isn't padded & won't do a lot of protecting, but if I only need something to cover it in times of bad weather.... I can't justify spending $60+ on a padded cover.

Anywhere I can just get the type of material for the thin amp covers? I can get it fitter/sewn here locally.

Or - can I get a "________ ___" cover in stead? For example, a Peavey 2x10 cab cover will fit the following cabs "xxx" -- Or, a Fender bassman 2x10 cover will fit a "____________" cabinet.