1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Cable Question

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by PaulyJK, Jan 6, 2012.

  1. I think I'm in the right forum for this.

    Does anyone know if a 1/8" to 1/4" cable (male to male) would work to play music from my CD Player through my amp? If so, I should probably go for stereo over mono , right?
  2. hump de BUMP?
  3. Stumbo

    Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Commercial User

    Feb 11, 2008
    the Cali Intergalctic Mind Space
    Song Surgeon slow downer software- full 4 hour demo
    Search is your friend.

  4. ggunn


    Aug 30, 2006
    Austin, TX
    A mono 1/8" male to 1/4" male will work, but you'll only get one channel. A stereo 1/8" male to 1/4" will give you the same thing. A 1/8" stereo male to 1/4" mono female will give you both channels, but you may experience some cancellation effects depending on how the source material is mixed.

    In all cases you will be feeding a line/headphone level signal to an instrument level input, so you'll want to turn the levels on your CD player and/or amp way down.
  5. nyde7


    Jun 27, 2005
    Yes it will work, may not sound that great, but it will work. As ggunn has said, to get both channels, you'll need to go the stereo route unless your player has a mono out.

  6. Worked perfectly, thanks. :hyper: <-- Me

Share This Page