1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Cables

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Ross-tafarian, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Ross-tafarian

Ross-tafarian

Aug 5, 2008
    Not sure if this is the right section to put this in, but oh well.

Anyway, I'd pretty much like to know, what cables do you use for recording and live performances? Which are some of the best to go for? At the moment I've got some type of Venom cable (not sure what model it is, if any), which sounds ok, but is starting to fall apart a bit, to which I need a more durable cable.

2. bassninja7

bassninja7

Mar 1, 2008
    Napoleon, OH
    http://www.myspace.com/publicface
    i use monster cables, but i would suggest if you are recording:

1 have an awesome eq and post out your DI on your amp

or

2 get a sansamp.

i have a sansamp, they are amazing:)

3. Nick Kay

Nick Kay

Jul 26, 2007
    Toronto, Ontario
    I use Canare L-2T2S for my balanced runs, GS-6 for my unbalanced runs, and Mogami W3103 for my speaker-level runs. I'm pretty sure all of my connectors are Neutriks of some sort, but I think there might be some Switchcraft jacks in here as well. If you don't want to bother with making your own cables, Butch at Bayou Cables is pure quality.

Of course, that's the rehearsal space and the home project studio. Live, I've got Rapco Roadhogs. I was going to switch to homebrew Canare and Mogami like I did with my at-home stuff right after they started falling apart, but they haven't yet. Like Monster cables, they've got the lifetime warranty, but you never have to USE it with a Roadhog. You could probably strangle a sumo with the things plugged in and they'd still be passing signal.