1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

cameron mizell album

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Fast n Funky 11, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Fast n Funky 11

Fast n Funky 11

Aug 28, 2007
    i was listening to cameron mizell's first self titled album, anybdoy know who plays bass on there, his solo on dr. rhinocasaurus is off the wall

2. cmizell

cmizell

May 10, 2008
    Joel Pontius. Not sure where he is nowadays, but it was a pleasure playing with him, and you're not the only person that has inquired about him because of that solo! Thanks for listening.

Cameron
    www.cameronmizell.com

3. Fast n Funky 11

Fast n Funky 11

Aug 28, 2007
    Thanks. I'm a big fan and the new album is awesome! I hate to be nosey but I would really like to hear the opinion of somebody as successful as you. I am presently very conflicted about how to pursue my musical education. I can not decide whether I would like to go into a full on music major at a conservatory (I have received offers from Oberlin conservatory), go to a larger school where I could get a more "practical" degree and study music as a minor, or some schools have music industry programs. So what I am truly asking is: did you study music in a college/university, and how did you go about getting a music career started.

Jeff

4. cmizell

cmizell

May 10, 2008
    I've actually started a blog talking about this kind of stuff. Here's an entry along the of Jeff's question...

http://cameronmizell.blogspot.com/2008/08/music-major.html

And there's a lot more in there that might be helpful to anybody trying to get started with a career in music. I'm trying to be as open as possible about my experiences as a freelance musician. Any feedback is welcome!