Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

can i use my delta44 with another delta?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by rusmannx, Dec 3, 2004.

1. rusmannx

rusmannx

Jul 16, 2001
    i have a delta 44.
    if i get an omni, can i record through it while reocording through the delta?
    by this i mean.... 4 drum mics through the 44, while recording vocals and instruments through the omni.

2. rusmannx

rusmannx

Jul 16, 2001
    actually, it looks like that is exactly what the omni is made for.
    sounds like a pretty handy little unit.

3. rusmannx

rusmannx

Jul 16, 2001
    come to find out, you can get it both ways.
    i've found some sites that sell it alone to be used in series with a delta 44, and other places (musiciansfriend.com) sell it as a stand alone with the actual card.

4. Actually, I believe the Omni is a replacement for the standard breakout box that comes with the Delta 44 and Delta 66. It is obviously far more powerful than the standard breakout box, which is simply a neat, external interface for the 4 analog ins and outs. You won't be able to daisy chain the omni and the existing breakout box to provide 8 inputs.

That said, you should be able to fit a second Delta 44 or 66 and provide yourself with 4 more analog inputs.

5. rusmannx

rusmannx

Jul 16, 2001
    the omni that is offered by mucians friend appears to come with it's own soundcard. or am i seeing this wrong?

if it does, then i would assume you can use both cards simultaneously. i've recorded guitars through my delta while recording vocals through my onboard soundcard at the same time.

[edit]
    here is the omnistudio, which comes with the delta66 soundcard.
    here

here is the omni, which is to replace a 66 or 44 front end
    here