1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Can you help me identify this bass?!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by hecriverajr, Oct 15, 2013.

1. hecriverajr

hecriverajr

Jan 15, 2013
    Austin, Texas
    Hey, guys!

So, this is my first post on here. You'll forgive me if there's a specified thread for these kinds of questions on this forum already that I may have bypassed.

I picked up this P-knockoff on Craigslist a couple of days ago. There are no identifying inscriptions or logos of any kind anywhere on the bass other than "Japan" inscribed behind the headstock. It's very lightweight. It still has a neck dive issue, but I've found that to be somewhat common among most p-basses I've used.

I have to add that the bass plays really well. I used it on a tour stop a couple of nights ago and it really sounded and played fantastic - not bad for $120.

Any ideas?

noqjVrJ.

2. Looks like an SX with the "Dixie Cup" mod.

3. Wallace320

Wallace320 Commercial User

Mar 19, 2012
    Milan, Italy
    But in both cases:
    Sx for Rip
    Farida for me

we're talkin' a chinese replica, not japanese, so maybe not that cheap if secondhand.

If it should show to be legitly "japan", really dunno which make

Cheers,
    Wallace

4. hecriverajr

hecriverajr

Jan 15, 2013
    Austin, Texas
    Thanks, guys!

I was actually thinking when I picked it up that the headstock somewhat resembled an SX. Whatever it is, it definitely plays well and sounds fantastic. Color me impressed!

5. I had a fretless P w/a very similar headstock- super cheap, needed work but well worth the hundred I paid(used)... can't recall the brand name, dont have it now. May have bought it from(or sold it to) TBer Snyderz

6. hecriverajr

hecriverajr

Jan 15, 2013
    Austin, Texas

Right on! They're really not bad for what you pay. I'd buy another.