1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Can you help me to identify this bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by guest22338668, Apr 13, 2009.

1. guest22338668

guest22338668 Guest

May 24, 2008
    Hey guys,

I got this bass from a friend, it's of a brand called Vester which I never heard about. I would like to know about the model of this bass and the wood it's made of. I'd want also to know something about this maker because it seems to be unknown to most people. Here some pics to you.

2mrw7fb.
    m81ow2.
    2d89yg.
    2jfwto2.

2. OlSkewl56

OlSkewl56

May 26, 2007
    South Texas
    Vester Guitars - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Vester was a music instrument manufacturer specializing in guitars and guitar amplifiers. Formed as a part of the Samuel Music Company based in Effingham, Illinois, Vester is perhaps best known for their good quality Japanese and Korean import electric and acoustic guitars.

3. i had a one of those but it was not a neck plate it had grommets it also had a maison pickup/pre amp system in it.

i bought it off a friend of a friend :) it was a wreck!!! it played ok though and was made of decent wood (don't know type but seemed to be a 2 piece body when i smashed it off the floor :p)

id say if that one has no neck issues, then pop some decent pickups with black covers get a gold bridge and gold knobs and go all Larry graham :)

4. Hi.

The ones (Korean) that floated their way over here were lo-mid or plain POS.

None that I remember had painted FBs though so this might be a better example of a Japanese or even US mfg.

On the other hand a "quality" instrument can be a PITA and a total junk and a cheapo a diamond in the rough, so only setting the bass up properly with good quality strings and playing it through decent amplification will tell. And time of course ;).

It's not so much where it's made, but how.

Regards
    Sam

5. Papazita

Papazita

Jun 27, 2008
    Ohio
    I like the look of it. Would like it more with white pickup covers instead of cream.
    Reminds me of Prince's white Laklands or Larry Graham's white Moon, except doe the obvious differences in construction & quality...

6. guest22338668

guest22338668 Guest

May 24, 2008
    Hey all, thanks for your answers, I think I will maybe put some new strings to see how it will work and some new pots first because the stock one were all rusty and I took them off. Does someone knows some kind of white pickups to put in this bass?

OMG I can't believe I didn't noticed that.:smug:

7. Just change the covers (although some pups have covers which don't come off).