1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Can you still function while your bass is "In Transit"??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by silvertripper, Jan 16, 2012.

1. silvertripper

silvertripper

Mar 12, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Im sure there are other people besides myself who battle the rare disorder called "Bass In Transit Syndrome".

So I ordered a Spector Euro 4LX today, and it is SWEET!! It arrives at my house on Thursday and I'm thinking of taking the day off so I can sit at home and wait on my FedEx driver. The last bass I ordered was a Valenti and I totally freaked out... the same day it arrived, I took the day off and sat at the front window eating Oreo Cookies, drinking milk, and playing on TB all day until it FINALLY arrived. I was also chewing my nails down to the nubs!! Yes I'm 35 years old but when I order a bass I feel like a little kid!!

So this time my Spector will be here on Thursday and Im already considering staying with the tradition and taking the day off. This is driving me crazy!!

Any other folks out there battle with this same disorder "Bass In Transit Syndrome"???

Lets here what you did to pass the time!

:bassist::hyper::crying::bassist::eek::bassist:

2. DBCrocky

DBCrocky

Oct 18, 2011
    Cary, NC
    I've had my basses delivered to me at work, then I can show them off to all my co-workers.

3. Hopefully you don't get the FedEx delivery from hell recently made popular

4. If it's UPS, I don't worry because they don't deliver on my street until after 6pm, so I know I'll be home. The last bass UPS delivered to me arrived at 6:55pm, and I left for band practice five minutes later.
    If it's FedEx or USPS, though, I stress out a bit, because they both deliver to my street mid-afternoon. My strategy involves asking my wife 10 to 15 times whether she'll be home in the afternoon, and then constantly refreshing the tracking page at fedex.com or usps.com. Really helps take the edge off. :D
    One time, about 10 or 12 years ago, I stayed home from work because a bass was coming that day and I knew no one would be home.

5. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    I always have them delivered to my work. So I have something to do instead of sittig doing nothing. Also the UPS guy knows the box shape and knows to come looking for me.

6. For me? I can't wait aswell but aside from staring out the window everytime some van passes my street and refreshing tracking pages, I type the source location onto google maps and stare at the immense distance my bass has to travel, even better when the tracker updates, I'll be like:

"hmmm if it's around here in 2 days then surely it'll be here in 1 and abit days..."

Getting home really early is another thing I do aswell :)

7. silvertripper

silvertripper

Mar 12, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Yes!! The Refresh Button is your friend too?!?!? :eek:

I honestly have no nails left.

Im glad Im not the only one who is anal about checking for tracking updates. My wife will never understand. And that my friends is why I have TB. :hyper:

8. portlandguy

portlandguy

Feb 15, 2011
    Portland, OR
    Yeah, I had my jazz bass sent to me at work and I could get nothing done while waiting. I just hung out down in the mail room.

9. I once had an MTD that FedEx delivered a day earlier than projected, which would have been nice if I was home, but I was in another state! That bass sat on my front porch for 24 hours before my brother picked it up. Really glad it was still there.

10. AMJBASS

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    That kind of thing always worries me. I had Purolator deliver an F-bass BN6 and it sat on the front porch in the snow all day before I got it. I could understand MAYBE if it was a small package that wasn't all that valuable, but a $3000 bass...

11. chadds

chadds

Mar 18, 2000
    The sound of the UPS truck is almost as good as the sound of the bass. :) Almost.

12. fivestringdan

fivestringdan Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2001
    Little Rock, AR
    I had the B.I.T.S. bad this week waiting on my double bass. How it made it unharmed fedex freight will forever be a mystery.

13. silvertripper

silvertripper

Mar 12, 2010
    Houston, TX
    That my friend would worry me too!!

I just received my Euro 4LX via UPS from across the nation, chewed all my nails off like I figured I would. Bass arrived in perfect condition, no issues at all! B.I.T.S. about gave me a nervous breakdown.... but I wouldnt want it any other way!! :bassist: