1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Candy Apple Red =/= Chrome Red?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Sergio, Apr 24, 2006.

1. Sergio

Sergio

Apr 7, 2004
    Lafitte, LA
    I have a 1992 MIM P-Bass in a metallic red color. I always thought that it was Candy Apple Red, but Fender is now offering MIM's in Chrome Red. I was wondering if this is completley new for MIMs, or if they reintroduced the color, or if there's any difference at all between the two.

2. steve4765630

steve4765630

Feb 27, 2006
    They are the same color. I talked to my Fender rep Tim and he said they are exactly the same, just a name change to confuse everyone. Thanks Fender:)

3. Sergio

Sergio

Apr 7, 2004
    Lafitte, LA
    Oh, how wonderfully nice of them! Thank you though. Now I may just have to save up for a matching MIM Jazz since they come in that color. ;)

4. Nedmundo

Nedmundo Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Not true. Check Fender's color chart, which has both. In fact, I have examples of both: chrome red Jazz bass and Strat, and a candy apple red double fat Strat. The chrome red is brighter, with I'd guess a more silver metallic component. They both look great, so don't sweat the difference!