1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Can't do a show!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by John Deacon, Sep 10, 2008.

1. John Deacon

John Deacon

Aug 24, 2007
    Virginia
    We got offered to open up for two local bands at a large venue, and we can't do it because our drummer has to work. I am so pissed. Has this happened to you guys?

2. Yep. Same exact reason.
    This is why you talk with everybody and come to an agreement on how serious you guys are and what level of commitment everybody can shoulder.
    And its also why you have a fill-in drummer on call in case something happens

3. Deacon_Blues

Deacon_Blues

Feb 11, 2007
    Finland
    Sounds like a pretty common thing bands need to learn to deal with. You could, however, try to ask the drummer if it is possible for him to reschedule the work so he'd be free to play the gig. I did that a lot when I was younger and gigging more than I do today and was working a lot on weekends.

4. Humblerumble

Humblerumble

Feb 22, 2004
    VA.
    Yep used to have a singer that was a car salesman. He was always costing us gigs because of his schedule. Finally ended up with another singer.

5. John Deacon

John Deacon

Aug 24, 2007
    Virginia
    He already tried to get out of it, but he would lose his job. And to be fair, it was unexpected and would've given us only three days to prepare.

6. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

It's a problem for anyone who doesn't do this full-time. My band has never been able to find more than one weekend a month when we're all available, but we're playing as a hobby, not for income.