1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Carl Thompson anyone??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bikeplate, May 5, 2016.

1. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    image. image. image. image. image. Just was taken on trade at my local store. Plays and sounds killer. Very light weight. 36" scale I believe. That's all I know. I hope this is ok to post and not against TB rules. Store is Parkway Music in Clifton Park, NY. If this is in violation, please remove mr mod

2. highway

highway

Aug 20, 2008
    sh it, if that was a little cheaper I might own it . . . damn I hate having a real job. it was nice when these were completely out of my price range. how does it sound? more importantly, how does it play compared to other basses?

3. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    Sounded great. Brief experience

4. Dave W

Dave W Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    Nice! I've always had a sweet spot for CT's because of Les.

ethikz likes this.
  5. What's crazy is that I recognized that handwriting immediately. I used to shop there all the time back in the day when I lived in NY. Bill Furlong here. Tell Steiner's ghost and Charlie i said hey.

6. jeremy jourdan

jeremy jourdan

May 2, 2016
    Any way to confirm the scale length?

7. gkbass13

gkbass13 Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Chicago
    I took it for a spin last week. Plays great and is super light weight! The craftsmanship is stellar as is to be expected, but the tone wasn't for me(luckily, as I just sold a Fodera). Someone will be very, very happy with it though, likely sooner than later. Also- parkway is the best shop around. Got my first bass there 19 years ago, and still make a point to stop there whenever I can.

8. Titania

Titania

Aug 17, 2012
    Shirley, MA
    Played that one a few weeks ago. It is wonderfully light...crazy light. It plays beautifully, but it's very darkly voiced. Not really my cup of tea despite being a gorgeous instrument. I ended up buying the used Alembic they had there instead. :)

9. AltGrendel

AltGrendel Squire Jag SS fan. Supporting Member

May 21, 2009
    Mid-Atlantic USA.
    36 inch scale? Wow.

10. Titania

Titania

Aug 17, 2012
    Shirley, MA
    It's actually a 32" scale. I don't think I could have played it with my T-rex arms if it had been a 36".

11. AltGrendel

AltGrendel Squire Jag SS fan. Supporting Member

May 21, 2009
    Mid-Atlantic USA.
    That I could work with.