Carol Kaye's method: taught in Arizona?

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by cazclocker, Nov 19, 2015.

1. cazclocker

cazclocker My social skills are rapidly dwindling.

Oct 24, 2014
    Newton, Kansas
    I need one-on-one instruction using Carol Kaye's chordal approach to music. Her website lists instructors who use her method state-by-state, but the one guy listed for Arizona is no longer available even though his name still appears on Carol's website.
    I've purchased some of her material including some of the DVD-book material, and I still have too many questions for comfort. I know this is a wild shot, but is there a Carol Kaye-approved instructor within 100 (or so) miles of Prescott Arizona, say, maybe in Phoenix?
    Thanks.

2. jusca

jusca

Sep 11, 2013
    TX
    Are you open to Skype lessons? I saw Roy Vogt does them and he's a former student of Carol Kaye.

cazclocker likes this.
  3. cazclocker

Oct 24, 2014
    Newton, Kansas
    Yes. How would I get in touch with him? Is he here on TB?

4. Basshoofd

Basshoofd

Jan 14, 2009
    Netherlands
    cazclocker likes this.
  5. cazclocker

Oct 24, 2014
    Newton, Kansas
    Thanks guys. I know Carol does Skype lessons, as does Mr. Vogt. I was hoping to connect with someone within driving distance. Looks like it's gonna be Skype for me.

6. jusca

jusca

Sep 11, 2013
    TX
    He's here on TB. I believe his name is his username. www.royvogt.com

cazclocker likes this.
  7. ErikP.Bass

ErikP.Bass Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2004
    Howdy cazclocker - Did you ever wind up taking Skype lessons with either Carol or Roy? If so, I'm curious to hear how they went.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 26, 2021