1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Cars

Discussion in 'Ask Justin Meldal-Johnsen' started by TheControlled, Sep 26, 2013.

1. JMJ, I can recall reading somewhere once that you don't mind mucking around with older cars.

Do you ever do any racing or track days or anything? My friends and I compete in our State Rally Championship here in Oz - some of the tastiest riffs an sounds I've ever come up with have been influenced by the adrenaline associated with high energy racing. I enjoy creating sonic material for the various highlights and in-car footage videos we like to make. Great fun!

2. jmjbassplayer

jmjbassplayer Justin Meldal-Johnsen Gold Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2005
    Yeah, I like non-classic Italian cars. The two I have right now are an '81 Lancia Beta Zagato Spyder and an '86 Alfa Romeo GTV6 2.5. They are a considerable hassle (need constant attention, parts are elusive), but they are oddball and fun. I don't do racing or track days, though if I had something competitive that would be really fun. Your State Rally Championship sounds like an incredible time!

3. Oh that's rad. Great to see people around the world keeping the spirit alive. I'm pretty sure Lancia made one of the snarling, 960kg, 480 horsepower Group B World Rally Cars in the early to mid 80s loosely based on the Spyder. I have not seen one in the flesh, but seen plenty of photos and videos over the years.

lancia0372_zps79adf2dd. [/URL]

One of the Targa Rally competitors here in Australia has one of the last remaining Group B Alfa Romeos which regularly competes in out tarmac rallies. I've heard it knocks out around 1000hp!

md_classic_adelaide007_zps7f813e8d. [/URL]