1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

Carvin B24 low output

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by fusionfan, Apr 8, 2016.

1. fusionfan

fusionfan

Sep 5, 2010
    I have an active Carvin B24 that I love, but the output volume is much lower than my Fender MIM P bass or Yamaha BB424X(both passive). It appears there's a volume trimpot inside the electronics cavity of the Carvin. Is there any negative of just turning that up? e.g. long term wear issues, tone differences, distortion, etc. I don't know very much about electronics(obviously) but I don't want to damage or prematurely wear out the bass. The main reason I'd like to balance the outputs between my basses is because I like messing around with effects. compressor, phaser, envelope filters, fuzz/overdrives, etc.

2. The trim pot was literally engineered for the purpose of doing what you want to do. Use it! That's why it's there.

3. fusionfan

fusionfan

Sep 5, 2010
    Thank you very much!

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 11, 2021