1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Carvin F-300 poweramp problem.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by holymountainman, Oct 1, 2008.

1. holymountainman

holymountainman

Jun 5, 2008
    So the problem with it is it's not turning on. I've looked at the wiring and everything seems to be plugged in. I was checking the back of it where the speaker plugs are and i noticed what i thought was a knob and it turned out to be a twist out little tiny fuse. So my question is could this fuse be the reason why it isn't turning on? If so where can i purchase another one.

Thx- Holymountainman

2. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    Take the fuse with you to a Radio Shack or whatever they're called now. Get an exact replacement. It could be the fuse or maybe not. You can usually tell by looking at it if it's blown, but if you don't know what to look for you can miss it. If you replace the fuse and the amp works, then blows the fuse again, there's something else wrong and the amp will need to be serviced..

3. holymountainman

holymountainman

Jun 5, 2008
    What exactly should i look for on the fuse if its blown?

4. +1

The wire or metal strip inside the fuse will be melted in half or broken at one of the ends. Also, there might me a blackish smudge somewhere on the glass tube of the fuse.