1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Carvin PB100 15 amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by kazuya, Feb 24, 2008.

1. kazuya

kazuya

Oct 26, 2007
    Found a guy on craigslist that lives close to me selling this for $100. Ive been looking for something that has a decent amount of power and is light for when i go to my friends house to **** around with some music. This would seem to meet my needs, but before i waste my time and gas to go look at it. I wanted to see if anyone has heard/played/owned one of these.
    Thanks

2. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Sounds like a bargain... Eli (Carvin devotee) as been summoned...

I've never played through one, but heard a former drummer's new band who's bassist filled a moderate sized room quite well with one.

3. kazuya

kazuya

Oct 26, 2007
    Ive read user reviews on harmony central. it seems to have some good reviews, better than my current Peavey tko75. Just wanted to see if anyone had personally used it. 100 bucks for a light 100watt amp is pretty good, especially if i talk him down to $75. :ninja:

4. King David

King David

Dec 13, 1999
    Indiana
    I have the 200. It has served me well over the years. I have had some problems with it. I sent it back a year ago and they repaired th input jack. It does not have the tube tone, I now prefer, but it is my only amp and it works fine.

5. Billy-Bob

Billy-Bob

Nov 4, 2005
    So Cal
    Had one and sold it. It is fine for practice and goofing around, way too under powered for gigging. Carvin watts ain't real watts, for some reason. And I'm no Carvin hater, I have two of their basses. Still for a hundred bucks, if it works, what have you got to lose?

Billy-Bob

6. eli

eli Mad showoff 7-stringer and Wish lover Supporting Member

Dec 12, 1999
    NW suburban Chicago
    Mine is a PB200, total 160 W bridged into the 15, also has a tweet with an attenuator knob. It has plenty of power for a rehearsal with an un-mic'd rock drummer. Can't really comment on the oomph level of the PB100... but the mid-shift is a nice feature to have. For $100 I'd say that's a nice deal.