1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Caste Football

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Dr. Cheese, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
  2. As professional sports are businesses, the primary goal is to make money. And if that can be accomplished with more black athletes than white athletes - excellent. More money for the team owners. Even the perception that a team is better because it has a black guy running (we've already swallowed the pill that blacks are more athletic than whites) might sell tickets / subscription packages / merchandise, etc.

Is there anything else other than money involved in professional sports?

3. sloasdaylight

sloasdaylight Inactive

Feb 4, 2009
    Tampa, Florida, US
    I ran a 4.45 40 in high school and was 185, could bench 225 10 times, squat 405 6 times, dead lift 550 4 times, and didn't get a shot at returning kicks, which is what I really wanted to do, in HS cause, to quote (paraphrasing his exact words) my ball coach "Mark, I love you, you work hard and you're a good leader, but you're white." I swear to God.

I thought it was kinda crap, but you deal with it and move on. I took solace in blocking field goals and beating up the starting defense as a scout team full back. Knocking the starting middle linebacker flat on his ass a few times really makes you feel good. The stereotype that whites are slower and less agile than blacks is founded in some truth, but it's lead to a lot of missed opportunities in my mind. Of course when you go out and run flat past the black kids you play against who give you **** cause you're white it makes you feel really good.

4. Dr. Cheese

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Discrimination does happen in all sorts of situations, however, white returners do make the big time. A speedy white returner from Montana set up the winning touchdown on Sunday Football this week. You had the misfortune of coming from Florida, which has a reputation for turning out speedy black kids.

The flipside is that as an adult, darn near every stereotype will work in your favor.;)

5. To me, this guy's argument about white tailbacks getting switched to fullback doesn't seem any different to me than black QBs getting moved to WR a la Hines Ward or Anquan Boldin. I never really spent much time thinking about it, though.

6. sloasdaylight

sloasdaylight Inactive

Feb 4, 2009
    Tampa, Florida, US
    Oh I know they do. Tim Dwight, who is white was one of the best return men over his career the NFL's seen. I was just giving a personal anecdote relevant to the discussion.

7. Bah, the link doesn't open up here. It's blocked for some reason.
    That's funny though; I've been contemplating starting a thread like this for a couple of days now. You ever notice how every white tailback is compared to Red Grange? No matter how fast he is...

8. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

Yeah, and as far as I'm concerned it's just another attempt to be divisive by finding a way to blame everything on race. In particular, this site seems to want to blame everything in pro football on discrimination against whites.

Their "Affiliate" sites look like fronts for white supremacist groups and tinfoil-hat-wearing apocalyptic doom-sayers. Try clicking the links and take a look.

Don't believe everything you read on the web. As far as I'm concerned, this is a trash site with the intent to drive a wedge between black and white. It wouldn't surprise me if a KKK-like group is behind it.

9. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    No.

-Mike

10. Well....not every, but I hear it a lot :p

Geez Louise, way to bust my chops :spit:

11. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I don't know any good white RB's.

-Mike

12. Dr. Cheese

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I was wondering when someone would pick up on this sites connections.

13. sloasdaylight

sloasdaylight Inactive

Feb 4, 2009
    Tampa, Florida, US
    Yea when I first went there I clicked on the ANU's link and skimmed the headlines. I found it interesting, but not surprising.

14. Jerose

Jerose

Nov 28, 2005
    Syracuse, NY
    http://www.alternativeright.com/main/the-magazine/white-devils/

On the basketball page they are trying to say that people hate Duke because they are "Unbearably White".

To quote:
    If someone told me I had been reading an Onion article, I don't think I would even question.

15. I read the Rachel Maddow link on his site, and while I agree with him that Rachel is an idiot, the guy definitely comes across as an anti-Semite which I am not cool with. I'm guessing that he hangs out on Stormfront and Vanguard News quite a bit.

16. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
  17. Dr. Cheese

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I actually think that Caste Football does make one valid point over and over. White players are channeled into certain positions based on race.

I think we all can name white players with the athleticism to play positions other than the ones they do. It is even more blatant in basketball where great athletes like Dan Majerle and Rex Chapman were transformed from high jumping dunkers to stereotypical white jump shooters. The funny thing is that foreign whites are allowed to stay athletic like Andre Kirilenko or the small forward for the San Antonio Spurs from Argentina.

Finally proof that whites and blacks are pretty even is more plain in soccer. Although Africa is soccer crazy, no African side has ever gotten past the quarterfinals. The only largely black team to dominate over time is Brazil while very white teams like Spain, Italy, and Germany (although this years team was pretty diverse.)

18. Are South Americans, like Ronaldinho, considered black? Or something else?

19. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    I think both races are "funneled" to certain positions. It's pretty bizarre that both races get stigmas clouding perceptions.

Blacks are considered best at instinctual positions that showcase athleticism; CB, WR, RB. Whereas whites are considered best at coached positions; QB, LB, DL, OL. There are no white starting Corners, but their are a few whites starting at Safety.

I think it is all a crock and fueled by the perception of coaches from Pop Warner on up.

20. Dr. Cheese

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Race is a social construct. Clearly there are people in Brazil who would be considered black in the US, and there are people on the team who are considered black in Brazil too. The main point is that Brazil has more people of visible African heritage than any country in the West, and really any country period outside of Nigeria with the possible exception of Ethiopia or Congo.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 28, 2021