1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Caught the Squier 50s Vibe; Pickup Advice?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Lowbrow, Oct 4, 2008.

1. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    I have a regular '51 RI that is absolutely killer... Several weeks ago, I acquired a Squier Tele Bass with the BigBucker... Great player, and I like the tone in my music room, but with the band it doesn't really sit. I'm gonna mod it to replicate the regular SCPB vibe. The Fralin looked interesting in the BP review, but after reading this thread, a Rio Grande may be in the cards... Choices, choices, choices!!!

-robert

2. kai_ski

kai_ski

Apr 14, 2007
    Wenatchee, WA
    So I went to another local shop today and played a butterscotch blonde fender 51 P, after which I went straight back to GC today and bought the Squire that they had on the floor. It sounds great so far. I picked up some La Bella flats for it, and when I strung it up the ball broke off the end of the E string just as I brought it up to tension... bummer.

allexcosta-

why do you recommend the Fralin single, and not the split?

3. Bobster

Bobster

Mar 27, 2006
    Austin, TX
    Bump...