1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

CCR 50th Anniversary Vinyl Boxed Set

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by OldDog52, Oct 4, 2018.

1. OldDog52

OldDog52 Gold Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Half-speed mastered at Abbey Road Studios.

Mushroo likes this.
  2. saabfender

saabfender Banned SUSPENDED

Jan 10, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Half-speed for CCR sounds about right.

3. Ross W. Lovell

Ross W. Lovell

Oct 31, 2015

Wonder who is making the money on this?

CCR doesn't own the rights to their catalog, John pays performance royalties when he does his own songs.

John Fogerty rewrote the contract for CCR after he convinced the rest of the band he could do that better too!

You'll find numerous interviews with all the original members, obviously, before they died, elaborated on this.

Meanwhile old Johnny keeps bitching how the CCR got screwed. He's right, it's just he doesn't take credit for the job.

I like the music, but he annoys me

saabfender likes this.
  4. OldDog52

Jan 1, 2011
    Saul Zaentz at Fantasy Records convinced JF that by using his contract the band would pay less in taxes and still grow their money. JF says he gave the proposed contract to Stu (or maybe Doug, can’t recall) because they had a family member who was a lawyer. That lawyer was supposed to review the contract. But that wasn’t followed up on. They basically signed the Fantasy contract with no legal advice.

I think that’s pretty close.

saabfender likes this.
  5. jaco944

jaco944 Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2005
    Cool package....as I noted about the new White Album release probably won’t buy it but I’d love to have the book.

6. Ross W. Lovell

Ross W. Lovell

Oct 31, 2015

That doesn't square up with what the band members said, and their stories match.

They did have a family member that was a lawyer, but John convinced the others he knew better.

If you don't think JF was a control freak, look how he went back and substituted his own playing for other's without telling them? Fogerty didn't want a democracy in HIS band. He was adamant on having all the control

They did sign with no legal advice, I agree. But at who's behest?

John, because he knew better.

7. OldDog52

Jan 1, 2011
    Read his biography before you judge him.

Is there bad blood? You betcha. There will never be a CCR reunion.

235BEBF4-7AFC-4227-9EC2-B44CB8325C02.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
  8. Ross W. Lovell

Ross W. Lovell

Oct 31, 2015

I'll add it to my list.

Still, 3 members on record, in a variety of interviews over the years, including his late brother, don't share his memories on this, but they all agree.

My life, my music subtitle sort of says it all don't you think?

He wrote the book, he writes his account.

The rest of the band, disagree.

9. OldDog52

Jan 1, 2011
    Without googling, can you name one song written by any of the other 3 guys? How about an album name? Have they been in any noteworthy bands besides CCR Revisited?

JF states flat out that they could not play a solo or write an original lick. CCR was mostly John Fogerty. You say arrogance. I say the the records speak the truth.

This might be Tom Fogerty’s most well known single after the breakup. It’s not very good.

Mardi Gras was the result of JF letting the other guys have more say.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018