Chargers.... should Norv get fired??

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by gustobassman, Nov 11, 2011.

1. gustobassman

gustobassman I'm only here for the after party.. Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2011
    Sandy Eggo
    I have to say yes. I just came back from the game against Oakland and... man.... my chargers were HORRIBLE. I've been bummed since Marty got fired, but this has gotten ridiculous.

WANTED: new coach. must do something besides "run up the middle" and "throw long balls" at nowhere...

grrrr...

2. HaRd

HaRd

Aug 10, 2011
    Long Island
    Norv Turner really shouldn't be an NFL head coach but I do believe he can/has excelled as an offensive coordinator.

San Diego honestly has to know that they had a better chance of winning a superbowl with Marty then Norv Turner.

3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Well, it ain't Norv Turner that's throwing all those interceptions.

4. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    The Chargers are a mystery. Always super talented. Never capable of getting it done.

5. Bipslapper

Bipslapper Well Ahoy, Paloi

Sep 20, 2009
    Cape Cod, MA
    I would say yes, but not sure who is the O-coordinator? This team is indeed a mystery. What Cheeszwiz said above is so true.

6. The Chargers are my surrogate team, what they been doing wrong now?

7. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Inactive

May 9, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    Yes - he has had enough time to make a winner with the amount of talent they have.

8. Nope. Not at all :D

Seriously, though....Norv is not a head coach. He just ain't, man...he's a coordinator.

9. Gotta agree with this ^

...however, I do appreciate them being my team's farm team.

:ninja:

(Drew Brees, Darren Sproles)

10. i watched a portion of the game... man those refs had to make some super difficult calls last night.

there are some player stats about teh chargers i'm sure can't be ingored ... there's plenty of blame to go around... it isn't all on coaches shoulders to make it happen

11. gustobassman

gustobassman I'm only here for the after party.. Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2011
    Sandy Eggo
    Very true. Our offensive live was.....well.... OFFENSIVE. Rivers had no time to do anything. He has been throwing a lot of picks, the 2 pick-sixes last week against the packers were the difference in the game.

Gard- i hate to say you are right. :rolleyes:

I do agree with the argument that Norv is a great coordinator and a bad coach. I think he's had more than enough opportunity and talent but since we all know A.J. Smith isn't going anywhere i don't think Norv will either.

12. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
    Wanna buy a Sproles jersey?

13. Starrchild

Starrchild

Nov 10, 2000
    The Bay.
    In the words of the late great Al Davis. Just Win Baby. :D

14. Only if it's a black & gold one, y'know where he's playing on the team that actually wins games, with the good QB that the Chargers tossed aside for the INT machine they have now...

:smug:

;)

15. Tendril

Tendril

Sep 28, 2004
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Norv took over a talent laden team, and has done zero to make them a championship squad. I concur he's a prime example of the Peter Principle.

16. acid bass

acid bass Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2010
    People seem to have forgotten that he mismanaged the Raiders too and that's why he got let go. I was actually really happy when San Diego picked him up because I already knew how inept of a coach he was. Just took him longer to reach the bottom of the pile of suck than it did in Oakland. He benched Jerry Rice to give Ronald Curry minutes, and in doing so broke Rice's ongoing record of consecutive games with a catch. He should've never been allowed to coach again after that.

17. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
    They fired Marty at the close of a 14-2 season.

18. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

A good friend of mine lived in DC when Norv was coaching there - drove my buddy nuts.

He moved to San Diego and thought he had escaped Norv...then guess who got the coaching job.

He would dance a jig if they fired Norv. About every 5th email I have gotten from him over the past few years has had the subject line: NORV MUST GO!

19. Starrchild

Starrchild

Nov 10, 2000
    The Bay.
    I hope the Chargers keep him. Go Raiders. :D

20. MetroBass

MetroBass

Mar 26, 2008
    South of LA
    Hatred obscures all distinctions.
    As a Raider Fan - hell no!! We're enjoying beating a overrated team.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 22, 2021