Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Chart for Tensions

Discussion in 'Music [DB]' started by Marc Decho, Nov 17, 2005.

1. Hey All, I've been digging like mad for the Mingus chart for Tensions, no luck, in particular i'm looking for the transcribed horn lines, anybody have a solid lead ? I spoke w/Sue Mingus and all she knows of are the Hal Leonard stuff, I know bassist Boris Koslov wrote a version, Andrew Homzy does the Simply Mingus series of charts, perhaps i'll ask him... I really want to hear my horn guy and violinist go toe to toe on that one!

2. I saw this great Mingus Tribute Band at the Temecula Jazz Festival during the summer. The Polish bassist,Piotr Rodwicz is the leader, nice guy and very good player,the horns and drummer were awesome, no chordal instrument in the group.Try reaching him at: prodowicz@pro.onet.pl

Good luck!

3. thanks man! in light of not finding a thing, over the weekend i've downloaded the amazing slower downer software which totally rocks, and started writing out my own chart, but i'll give this guy a shot