1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Cheap, portable, and loud combo amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TheBassHorse, Jun 2, 2011.

1. TheBassHorse

TheBassHorse

Feb 2, 2010
    Hi all,

I'm looking for some recommendations as to a cheap, loud, and portable combo amp I can lug around for rehearsals. Ive already got good gear for shows, but now I'm looking for something I can leave in practice spaces, etc. Quality of sound can be sacrificed for sheer volume and ease of transportation. I'd like it to be between 250 and 300 watts if possible. Money isn't that much of an issue, but I'd obviously like it to be relatively cost effective.

Any suggestions?

2. Genz Benz Shuttle 3.0-8t or 3.0-210t would be good. Very portable and quite a nice sound too.

3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    ANY combo amp you choose will be volume limited by the enclosed speakers. Choose one with an ext spkr jack, so you can add on for increased volume. Stay away from anything with less than at least a 12" spkr, preferably a 15 or 210.

4. chubrocker

chubrocker

May 6, 2006
    KCMO
    You might also consider an older Nemesis combo. I had the 1x15 combo. I've played the 2x10 combo as well. They are light for their size and both are excellent sounding combo. I got my combo for $200.

5. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

Apr 9, 2009
    Carvin MB15. $399.00. 200w by itself, 250w with extension (gig worthy backup).

Carvin.com :: MB15