1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Cheap power supply question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Wayne8, Sep 30, 2008.

1. I know that the Power-All and One Spot can power multiple pedals. I have a 'Morley Universal Stomp Box & Effect Pedal Regulated Power Supply' that I picked up somewhere along the line. It's rated at 9 volts, 300 mA, center polarity negative.

My question is, will this thing, if I hook it up to a daisy chain, power two center negative 9 volt pedals or do I need to get one of the other two I mentioned? I just hate to spend the extra money if this thing will work but I'm also afraid to try it in case it somehow hurts the pedals. I mean, it doesn't say that it's for multiple pedals and the others do.

2. That Morley PS should work fine :)

If it doesn't, the worse that will happen is that the power supply will cut out, then if you unplug it and pulg it in again, it will go back to working as it did before. (but it will do the same thing again if you plug it into the daisy chain again)

anything that is 9v, centre-negative and regulated will be fine. The only thing that might happen is that you might exceed the pedal's current rating (for example using a 300mA PS with a multifx that draws 500mA) then all that will happen is what I explained above.

3. Thanks! The two pedals I'd be powering are a Boss EQ (GEB-7) and an Aphex Bass Xciter. No multi-effects. So those two shouldn't draw anywhere near what the supply is rated at, right?

4. That is correct. IIRC both of those pedals are both well under 30mA draw, so you have room for more pedals there. ;)

5. Puru

Puru

Mar 13, 2006
    Alachua, Florida
    Even though a power supply might have the proper specifications to power a particular device, you can sometimes get some noise or hum due to some incompatibility. All 9v adapters are not created equal. It may work great with one pedal but noisy with another. That's been my experience.

6. Guess I'll have to wait til the pedals get here to know for sure. Thanks.