Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Check it out!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Woodchuck, Nov 17, 2004.

1. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    We're finally getting ready to shoot a video for one of our songs. We wanted to do it here in Atlanta, but the label thought it would be better to shoot it in LA, because of the extra costs involved with shooting it here. So, we'll be in LA LA land to shoot this thing on Nov. 30th. If you're in the LA area, PM me, and maybe we can get you in this thing. It has to be ready by Dec. 9th, so that it can be distributed by late Dec/early Jan.

2. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    Congrats! Have a good time while you are there. I lived in Redondo Beach right after college and I can tell you that it is a great city to be in if you are young and want to have fun.

3. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    I should be on break/weekend for a few of those dates, hook me up. :hyper:

4. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    :cool:

5. Starrchild

Starrchild

Nov 10, 2000
    The Bay.
    While your in lala land, if u can check out this group by the name of SlapBak, do so, this group is super tight & funky, Jara Harris is The Bassist & lead frontman who's just a Monster :bassist:

They opened up for Morris Day and the Time, who actually had there original Bassist Terry Lewis holding it down along with there current Bassist, all in all SlakBak turned it out.

6. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    I'll try to look 'em up.

7. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    It would be cheaper to shoot after flying everyone across the country?

8. Sure. fly the band there, instead of the crew, equipment, to them...procuring licene to set up shop, the risk of bad weather, blah blah...

9. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Sounds like fun, Chuck. Congrats on another notch on your musical bedpost... err, or something like that! :cool:

10. LA? no way...you want to shoot a video in northern Wisconsin...thats where the real men make music videos, like....um...and then there's....and....aw crap nobody ever does videos here! :scowl:

;)

Charlie

11. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Congrats, 'chuck, sounds like fun! Let me know when you're going to be hitting the Gulf Coast again. I hate that I missed y'all last time around. I swear, next time I'll be there! We're hoping to try to get up to the ATL for a few dates this summer. I'll have to check with some of y'all on where to book, and what to check out, and such.

12. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)

:D :D

13. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    congrat's 'chuck!!

14. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Howdy, howdy!

Just let me know. I am in Silverlake, just East of Hollywood. I would definately dig checking that out.

Gabu

15. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    I'll PM you my cell #. Maybe me, you, and Dave can hang out. I'll be at the Grafton on Sunset. God, I love that hotel!!!!

16. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Oh groovy, I've never been on a video hunt! :hyper:
    Tell me, is it a big video, which caliber are you using?
    Please send some picture of the trophy, or maybe you all standing around the shot and dead video with guns and stuff

:D
    :smug:
    Silly, wasnt it? :D

17. cosmodrome

cosmodrome Registered User

Apr 30, 2004
    ****town, Netherlands
    He's going to shoot a video in LA. That's just.........so far away from me. Real rockstar-stuff. Good luck man!

18. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    In case you get this first, I will try to call ya today. My wifey and I are free for the next few evenings.

Good luck in your shoot! :)

19. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Woody,

Just wanted to say thanks!! for letting me hang out in your video. :D It was definately a good time and a learning experience too.

It was cool to meet your band too. What a bunch of cool cats! With or without music, you guys rock! :)

Tell your band to keep on rockin' for me.

Gabu