1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

check out my band, i need advice...

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by DrowningBrian, Apr 30, 2010.

1. DrowningBrian

DrowningBrian

May 21, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    i know our music isnt for most people but i think we have a good thing going.
    www.myspace.com/drowningscarlett

we are looking into buying a nice layout and maybe change the bio. any advice?
    we are looking for a drummer and looking for a 2nd guitarist. but we are having zero luck. advice?
    booking bigger shows is so hard for us. the venues around here in georgia strickly want crazy metal and we arent , its so weird. we have been together for 5 years, longer than most local bands. it just seems like we are stuck playing the same venues to 10-50 people. i know we need to get out of our comfort zone and tour out of state but we just dont have that kind of cash.

2. TheRatt

TheRatt

Apr 24, 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA
    If you're not happy with the layout, then by all means change it. I don't think it's half bad, myself, but meh.

And are you having problems with your current drummer? He seems to be getting the job done.

3. You have a lot of white space with black borders... Maybe darken the grey under the city. Even make it black, but keep the sky white. Your text boxes will stand out more.

The top banner, make it go all the way across as well as the name. Make "Drowning Scarlett" one line, make the text a lot bigger and maybe put the heart inbetween the words (maybe slightly behind the text, overlapping a bit)

Get a sick promo pic! Even just one. If you get the right photographer, get them to engrain your heart logo and/or name in the pic/backdrop.

4. I like the music... Do you guys get similar bands to yours in town, but much bigger acts? See what you can do to open for them. In terms of the touring, start small. 2-day ventures. Small counts. Every time it will get easier, you'll meet more bands to hook up with and you prove to be worth more to a manager/agent (which will help you get even further)

5. DrowningBrian

DrowningBrian

May 21, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    its seems like bands similar in genre are getting these really fancy layouts, i guess i get it. they cost a bunch of money. haha.
    our drummer is not wanting to practice, never pays for anything band related, and just doesnt have the drive anymore. it sucks kicking out an original member.

6. DrowningBrian

DrowningBrian

May 21, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    thanks dude! every band around here wants to be august burns red. haha. all bands here are metal, there is no in between. we dont mind playing with metal bands though. we have tried booking with opening acts with bigger bands but no luck, maybe we need a booking agent to help us. idk. i think our music appeals to alot of people becuase each song is different than the next. i think if we had another drummer and second guitarist that would help us financially, then we could get a van and do the touring thing.

7. DrowningBrian

DrowningBrian

May 21, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    thanks man!
    i'll have to try some things out.