1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Chelsea are Champions!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Rumblefisher, May 9, 2010.

1. Rumblefisher

Rumblefisher

Aug 22, 2007
    Astoria, NY
    Right now I'm watching Chelsea destroy Wigan on their way to a championship! Drogba got his goal in the 64th, and it's fitting that he scored it, as it's Chelsea's league record 100th goal this season. I am an American, but my family and I used to live on Alitson Road when I was young, so I'm a Chelsea fan :D

On to the league double!

2. Rumblefisher

Rumblefisher

Aug 22, 2007
    Astoria, NY
    And not 3 minutes after I post this, Drogba scores another!!

3. Rumblefisher

Rumblefisher

Aug 22, 2007
    Astoria, NY
    And a third...

4. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    I'm a big Arsenal fan, but I'd MUCH rather see Chelsea win the league than Man U. So, congrats Chelsea.

5. Nikoubis

Nikoubis

May 3, 2007
    Athens, Greece
    Exactly this.

6. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    My, how the mighty have fallen!!! LOL! As much as it kills me to say this, but congrats to the Blues. They deserved it. Glory, Glory Man United!

7. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    I may sound like a Cubs fan, but wait til next year! If Arsenal ad a striker , a goalkeeper, and a central defender, (and of course, retain Fabregas, Van Persie, and Arshavin) they will be the team to be reckoned with next year. Chamahk is a good start on that....

8. I'm a firm supporter of the anyone but Chelsea movement, (football isn't something you should just be able to throw money at and expect success; see also Manchester City,) but I can't wait to go to work with all the United fans tomorrow and revel in their dejection and misplaced sense of entitlement. For the record, I'm a Middlesbrough fan.

9. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    I love this. I hate Man City almost as much as Man United, based on the fact they are trying to buy championships, and they have the arrogance of team that has actually done something, which they have not.

10. Time Monkey

Time Monkey Banned

Jan 9, 2009
    California
    I'm gonna start a firm. And like. Elijah Wood is gonna be an honorary member... But like... I think all the parents are gonna get mad at me for starting fights at their 5 year old's soccer games.

11. Someone has a minute to tell me:

Who's Chelsea????

12. Even though my cousin and uncle, as well as many people I know are true, die hard City fans, I still believe that they're just 'a small club, with a small mentality.' A small club with an amazing squad and bottomless pockets, but still. Plus I get fed up of how every fan has to wear at least one piece of club merchandise at all times.

The thing is, even with a squad that strong, they failed totally to qualify for the Champion's League. It takes more than big names, they need a coach who can really tie them together, not just a bunch of preening prima donnas more interested in what they can earn for themselves, not what they can win for their club. I'm interested to see how long Mancini lasts after this season. Owners are too quick to sack coaches when they don't get instant results, but it takes time to cement a world class team. Man Utd, on the other hand, I have a lot of respect for, as Fergie's excellent management and the squad's hard work and dedication is the key to their success. Plus, when they were rich, they were rich because they had earned it through aforementioned hard work and success, not because someone was bankrolling them. Fergie makes it clear time and time again, no player is bigger than Man Utd, not even Beckham, Ronaldo, Tevez or Van Nistleroy. I don't get the hate, but I do love to see them lose...

13. Some girl is kicking ass, apparently.

14. Congrats to Chelsea. The English team I "follow" is Liverpool, who had a pretty bad year (compared to more recent years, anyhow).

15. TIMD

TIMD

Dec 8, 2009
    Houston
    What team has won the league and not spent a ton of cash? People are pissed because an average team started spending more money than the big boys and are now one of the best in Europe. I am sure next year Man City will qualify for the Champions League and even more people will cry.

Watched the match with some Arsenal friends of mine, Ashley Cole's goal was icing on the cake!!

16. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    8-0!! Oh wow.

Anyway, less about Chelsea, Man Utd and all the other dross. The mighty Wolves won today to stay up in some style.

17. What's got me this year is the way so many teams have just rolled over for Chelsea. So many high scores, it was just like teams gave up after the first couple went in.

Still, they're worthy champions, I can't deny that. I just wonder if things might have been a little different if Man United's defence hadn't been missing for a month and if they hadn't lost Rooney just before the match with Chelsea, but then injuries are part of football.

You should destroy Portsmouth in the cup, although I guess they'll be playing for pride, so who knows.

18. These

[​IMG]

19. It's part of London, in the Kensington and Chelsea constituency (or at least it was, when Michael Portillo was the MP there). It's also a football club from around that area, although my Brother informs me it's actually situated closer to, I think, Fulham Broadway station.

They beat Wigan 8 - 0 today after Frank Lampard's legs, not for the first time this year, somehow gave way under him while he was in the penalty area and Wigan had a player sent off, thus leaving them a player short of most of the match. I'm not saying Fat Frank is a diving, cheating scumbag, but he's made a remarkable career of football for a man with legs made of play-doh.

20. Thanks for the explanation, I thought it was a soccer team because I heard the term "Champion League", but wasn't sure.