Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

!!! (chik, chik, chik)

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Tecx, Jan 25, 2004.

1. Tecx

Tecx Radio Rock Leads To Sterility

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    Anyone dig these guys??? Man there bassist can rip, he also plays for Out Hud... Mind you I don't know his name...

Alex

2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Is !!! (chik, chik, chik) the name of the band or are they called just "Chik." I'm confused.

3. Tecx

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    There name is written !!!

but it is a completly atomonus name...

you can say it with any 3 representitive words...

boom boom boom
    chik chik chik
    kapow kapow kapow...

Even there name is awsome...

Alex

4. I've heard of these guys... a few years ago (back in the days I actually used AOL chat, most likely), some chick I didn't know randomly IMed me and we ended up talking about !!!, who were one of her favorite bands. I've never heard any of their stuff, but I still remember them for having about the oddest name I've ever seen.

5. I keep meaning to check out all these "dancepunk" bands (!!!, Out Hud, The Rapture, etc.) but haven't gotten around to it.

6. Tecx

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    you should check these guys out:

Blackstrobe
    Black Dice
    LCD soundsystem
    Grand National
    Black Eyes

and my personal favorite - Radio 4

Cheers

Alex

7. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

That is kinda awesome.

Recommend any recordings? :)

8. Tecx

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    There self titled is great, and there new e.p. is good as well - Me and Juiany down at the school yard (a true story)...

They are a 7 piece... Kinda in between les savy fav, new order, and the clash...

Alex

9. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    I find dance punk hit and miss. (I'm not a big fan of the Rapture, but I've been turned off to them by all the hype).

!!! and Black Eyes are two of the best bands on the underground scene I think. Black Eyes bassist is pretty ill too. I'm not a huge fan of either of those band's vocalists, but they're growing on me.

If you like !!! and Black Eyes, check out The Plot to Blow up the Eiffel Tower. High quality jazz/punk that you can dance to!!

Also, Nation of Ulysess of Dischord fame! (And whom the Intl. Noise Conspiracy wish they could be)

10. Tecx

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    Thanks dude... I'll check em out...

Alex