1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

chord tones quiz?

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by richardgk, May 2, 2010.

1. Does anyone know of some type of quiz in internetland where you will be shown a chord name and then you have to respond with the chord tones?

For example, the quiz would ask you what are the notes in a C chord, and you would reply "C E G".

Finding a quiz like this would save a lot of flash cards

2. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 20, 2004
    Madison WI
    HPF Technology LLC
    Sounds like an iPhone app waiting to be written. :D

Meanwhile, I have in moments of better discipline, used my fake books for this purpose, seeing how fast I can "read" through a chart, playing the chord tones for every chord in the changes.

3. BBMS

BBMS

Jun 29, 2005
  4. bassfuser

bassfuser

Jul 16, 2008
    There is some good stuff at this site. Good Ear Training exercises and I think what you are looking for too.

http://www.musictheory.net/

5. klawz

klawz

Mar 8, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    Krikcet likes this.
  6. kreider204

kreider204

Nov 29, 2008
    I'll check when I have my hands on it, but I believe the Bassmaster app has something like that. I'll get back to you.

7. mambo4

mambo4

Jun 9, 2006
    Dallas
    I found that memorizing the staff lines & spaces in bass and treble clef went a long way towards helping me memorize chord tones