1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

christopher hybrid

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by basic74, May 3, 2013.

1. basic74

basic74

Dec 28, 2012
    europe
    hello, does anybody have recordings of a christopher hybrid?
    "Christopher Professional DB300" I think it´s called..
    I´m interested in arco and pizz and it would be great if you could state the strings used..
    I´m thinking of buying one as a second instrument.. but I´d have to fly to try one out..
    much appreciated!

2. vanderbrook

vanderbrook Some days, I miss frets...

Aug 21, 2001
    Denver, CO, USA
    I've no recordings, but just in case it has any value to mention it, there is a "Christopher Professional Bass Model DB304T" for sale on the Denver craigslist site. I suppose you could contact the seller and see if s/he has any recordings.

3. basic74

basic74

Dec 28, 2012
    europe
    hey thanks, I did.. no response yet.

4. HI I don't have any solo stuff with my Chrissy hybrid but did an album last year . It had new spirocores on it so its a bit brighter than usual and for my tastes but here's a link.

5. basic74

basic74

Dec 28, 2012
    europe
    hey sunneyboy, thanks! nice playing, nice sound!
    did you blend some pickup into the mic mix?
    do you have any arco recordings?

6. Hey thanks, If I remember correctly we did track pickup but it never made into the mix. But we used two mics, DPA under the bridge and a neuman ( I forget which one) about 30cm from the treble side F hole.

Unfortunately I don't have any Arco clips my bow chops are embarrassingly horribly. When I pull my bow out I get attacked by flocks of flying geese.

7. Don't you think that recordings are of very limited use? So much depends upon type of mic, and mic placement...

8. basic74

basic74

Dec 28, 2012
    europe
    of course recordings are of limited use. but I think it´s nice to hear that it sound like a bass : ) believe it or not, I never had a hybrid in my hands.

9. nilsrp

nilsrp

Jul 5, 2012
    Sweden
    Actually recorded nearly one year ago.
    In the garden, recorded by a Zoom H2n.
    Bonus are some pictures.
    Beginner (still am) so don't complain.
    Anyhow, problem I experienced due to wrong bridge angle.
    DADDARIO HELICORE HH610 L 3/4 strings.

http://cscent.cede-group.se/DB304/

Another more recent recording.

By the way.
    Admire your playing.

10. Silevesq

Silevesq

Oct 2, 2010
    Quebec
    The one I have it a DB303, I think.
    Here is a video of last december, I can't remember if these are Velvet blue or Anima

It was through a mic and the full circle. Can't remember the mic and the amp was a Trace Elliot through an ampeg cab I think!

If you have any question let me know!