1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

chromes q - weak e?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by tony moore, May 2, 2010.

1. i bought my first set of chromes to try on my dearmond starfire. the e string is much weaker than the rest, both acoustically and amplified.

is this normal?

fwiw, it's had black tapes on it since i bought it and they sounded very balanced both acoustically and amplified.

thanks!

tony

2. southpaw420

southpaw420

Aug 25, 2007
    Never had that problem with chromes. Maybe give them some time to
    even out but I cant say for sure.

3. Arvin

Arvin Underwound Supporting Member

Sep 26, 2008
    On the bench
    I've got three basses with Chromes on them, and none of them have that problem.

If it were me, I'd contact D'Addario customer service about that one.

4. d3vnull

d3vnull

Jul 8, 2009
    Finland
    I have Chromes on four basses and have no problems. That E string seems to be faulty.

5. Frank Orlando

Frank Orlando

Dec 21, 2002
    Fort Myers
    Play them for a few weeks and you'll notice the E coming into balance with the other strings. I had a similar experience. Glad I didn't take them off then. I have since removed them but it wasn't because of the E. I just went back to rounds for a while. Loving the Fender Super Bass 7250s today.