Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Chuck Rainey & Al Caldwell Video

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Bassist4Life, May 26, 2005.

1. Bassist4Life

Bassist4Life

Dec 17, 2004
    Buffalo, NY
    http://www.benaventeguitars.com/namm2005w/video.htm

This link is worth checking out if you like Chuck Rainey and/or Al Caldwell. There is a video of both of them jamming at the NAMM Winter 2005 Benavente booth. The video is 47MB's. There are some other videos there too, but I haven't checked them out yet.

Enjoy,
    Joe

2. Nadav

Nadav

Nov 13, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Yep, that video is great. Watched it way too many times since NAMM. :bassist:

3. Al Caldwell

Al Caldwell

Mar 18, 2003
    St.Louis , Mo
    Me Too! I could'nt find the root on that 11 with a seeing eye dog! But i've been practicing.I'm playing at the White House with my 11 on Sunday.It should be on PBS at 8 pm. I'll be playing with Vanessa and the Washington Symphony. Al

4. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    HEY AL!

You gonna make this coming NAMM? I just talked to Chris and he told me about 'something in the works' :smug: can't wait to see it.

I'll try to get my folks to tape the show for me... Though I have a nice TV, it's not hooked to cable or aerial because I don't ever watch broadcast stuff.

I was just listening the the Vanessa Williams 70s disc the other night. I love your grooves (Vanessa's voice ain't so bad either ;) )!

5. The Al Caldwell stuff is indeed amazing. If you get a chance to look around at the other videos, you'll see the Theron one. He's playing my bass in that one. It was kinda crazy to see that video before I even got to play my bass. Oh well... at least having my bass built for Namm got the build time bumped up by like five months.

6. Bassist4Life

Bassist4Life

Dec 17, 2004
    Buffalo, NY
    Al,
    I watched some of this performance just a short while ago. The orchestra was huge and I did my best to look for you. Where did they put ya? I figured they would seat you somewhere near a drumset. When I play in a pit orchestra on double bass, the director usually sticks me way way way on the far left or right. The electric bassist is usually right next to the drumset and the keyboard. That was a pretty sweet gig. How did you land that one?

In that video you and Chuck looked like you were having a good time. How did it feel to be sitting with a legend like Chuck? I can't even imagine it.

Joe