1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Cleaning dirty pots on GK 600 head

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ambissonnett, Feb 21, 2013.

1. ambissonnett

ambissonnett

Jan 9, 2013
    From what I gathered, I think I have dirty pots in my GK 600 head. My question is, can I clean them without having to take apart the whole head? I've seen a couple videos of people just spraying the dial where the knob turns and it seems to clean it up. Or should I remove the whole casing and clean the underside of the pot inside the head? I'm new to cleaning these and would like the best result.

Also, I actually haven't tried it yet, but is there a proper way to remove GK knobs from the head? Is it just kinda tug n pull on it and hope for the best?

Any input is appreciated, thanks!

2. grendle

grendle

Mar 4, 2011
    Central FL
    you can try, but usually you have to take the top off to get to the pots. go to radio shack and buy Deoxit. it's the best stuff hands down and made for the job. I use it professionally on military type electronics and it works great. Try and spray the pots from the front first, if that doesn't work , pop the top and spray into them from the back ( usually a hole on the pots ) .